This website is owned and maintained by Education New Zealand, a Crown Entity funded by the New Zealand Government.
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in all material available on this site and the ENZ Account, budget and "My StudyNZ" tools are owned by Education New Zealand. Except as set out in these terms you may reproduce the material on this site free of charge without further permission, as long as you:
- Reproduce the material accurately;
- Do not use the material in a derogatory manner or a misleading context; and
- Acknowledge the source and copyright status of the material.
Unless we give you written permission you may not reproduce, adapt, copy, distribute or incorporate in any other work, in whole or in part, any trade mark appearing on this site, including any Education New Zealand logos or trade marks that appear on this site (including the 'Education New Zealand' logo and the 'New Zealand Educated' logo).
This website may contain links to third party websites that are not under the control of ENZ. ENZ does not endorse, and is not responsible in any way for any information, content or material that is available on third party websites.
We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand), and any other applicable privacy laws and regulations, when collecting, using or dealing with any of your personal information.
Like many organisations, we collect information about our users for the purposes of:
- Providing you with the services that we offer.
- Improving our digital platforms, marketing material and strategies, and to provide you with a better experience when you use our digital platforms and when we provide you our services.
- Giving you personalised user experience.
We collect information about you when you communicate with us, register an ENZ account, visit or use this site or any other online platform, service, application, website or messaging service that we subscribe to or use (each being a Digital Platform).
What personal information do we collect about you?
If you register an ENZ account or otherwise provide us with your personal information through any Digital Platform, we may collect personal information about you including your name, email address, date of birth, gender, nationality, country of residence, qualifications, your intended study plans and preferences, what education agent you are working with (if any) and information relating to your visa applications or enrolment status.
Where you have provided us with your consent, we may collect information relating to the existence, status and outcome of your visa applications directly from Immigration New Zealand. The results and/or information we receive may also include visa decisions pre-post the student visa application process (such as a work visa post study).
Where you have provided us with your consent, we may also collect personal information about you relating to your application and/or enrolment status at a specific education provider or institution directly from that education provider or institution.
We may also collect information relevant to our Digital Platforms, our marketing strategies and our services, including information on:
- IP addresses
- Search terms
- Pages accessed and links clicked
- Dates and times of visits
- The immediate previous site visited
- Operating systems (eg Windows, Mac)
- Web browsers
- Internet activity, whether on this website or any other
Where we use the information solely for statistical purposes, all users are anonymous and not personally identifiable from the information.
How do we use your personal information?
Personal information collected through any Digital Platform or the 'Subscribe' and 'Contact Us' forms on this website will be collected by Education New Zealand and will be used for the purposes of:
- Providing your personal information to Education New Zealand's agents, education providers and institutions to facilitate communications between you and Education New Zealand, and/or its agents, education providers and institutions, where you have consented to us sharing your personal information with such third party.
- Assessing the likelihood of you obtaining a student visa and, where you have consented to us providing your personal information to education providers and institutions through your ENZ Account, providing our score to education providers and institutions to allow them to assess your potential value to them as a student.
- Education New Zealand's communications, and marketing and promotional information and materials about Education New Zealand, its programmes and activities, and its agents, education providers and institutions (subject to your consent to receiving such communications).
- Allowing Education New Zealand to better understand what converts prospective students into a student validly enrolled in a course of study at an education provider or institution, and enabling Education New Zealand (and, where applicable, education providers and institutions) to optimise and improve future marketing and promotional strategies relating to studying in New Zealand.
- Providing your personal information to Immigration New Zealand to request and receive updates on the status of any student visa applications you have submitted so that we can provide you a more personalised digital experience and undertake research and analytical studies associated with our functions, and where you have provided your consent, providing your student visa application details and status updates to specific education providers or institutions to enable them to complete the enrolment process with each Prospective Student in a more timely and efficient manner.
- Contacting you with information relevant to you or your study plans including important updates and deadlines.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of our Digital Platforms.
Third parties including Google Analytics use this non-personally identifiable information to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and demographics. We may use this analysis to understand the key characteristics of visitors to any Digital Platform on an anonymous and aggregate level which assists us to improve and personalise your experience with Education New Zealand. We also use the information provided by third parties including the Google Analytics Remarketing service to better target our online advertising including based on your previous visits to any Digital Platform, and to present you with relevant advertising on third party websites. Education New Zealand may disclose the information collected by cookies, in an aggregate (not personal) form only, to Google and third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
If you do not want the information to be collected by cookies there is a simple procedure in web browsers which allows you to manually disable the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser. You may opt out of Google Analytics, DoubleClick advertising and third-party cookies. For more information on how we use Google advertising and Analytics please see here.
Munchkin automatically gathers the following information:
- Page Visits
- Link Clicks
- IP Address
- Our cookie ID
If you prefer that we do not place this cookie on your web browser you may opt out by clicking the Do Not Track (DNT) feature in your browser. This prevents tracking for your particular browser and device.
Who will we share your personal information with and why
We may share information that we collect about you in accordance with, and for the purposes set out in these terms, with the following third parties:
- Our service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to this website or any service that we have agreed to provide you including NetValue, SpeakData, OMD, Voyage, UMS and Hotcourses. For example, we may share information about you with a service provider that we have engaged to provide technology services or customer support services. These service providers may be located in countries outside New Zealand, but will be required to protect your personal information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those provided under New Zealand privacy law.
- Any other organisation or person that you have authorised us to disclose your information to.
- Immigration New Zealand for the purposes of requesting and receiving updates on the existence, status and outcome of any visa applications you have submitted.
We may disclose information about you if, and to the extent that, we are required to do so by law, or at the request of a government agency that has authority to compel us to disclose information about you.
How we store data
Your personal information will be stored in servers owned by ENZ or its service providers, which may include those in countries other than New Zealand.
We have in place reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse. However, given the nature of the internet, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached.
Retention of personal information
Your acceptance of these terms
By registering an ENZ account, submitting information to Education New Zealand (including through the 'Subscribe' and 'Contact Us' forms or by completing or submitting an enquiry form) or by using, or communicating with us through, any other Digital Platform you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your information as described above.
If you have provided your child or dependent’s personal information to us, you confirm that you are authorised to do so.
If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, you will not be able to register an ENZ account, Education New Zealand will not accept your form or enquiry, and your information will not be processed or referred on to Education New Zealand’s agents, education providers and institutions.
You have the right to view, change, delete and withdraw your consent to the collection or use of any personal information Education New Zealand holds about you at any time. For clarity, where you have provided your consent to the sharing of information between Education New Zealand and any agent, education provider or institution, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us (at the contact details below) or the relevant agent, education provider or institution.
Information will be held by Education New Zealand at its offices at Level 5 Lambton House, 160 Lambton Quay, PO Box 12041, Wellington 6144, New Zealand. Under the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand), you may request access to and correction of your personal information held by Education New Zealand by writing to Education New Zealand at the above address, or by contacting Angela Meredith on +64 4 913 9597 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there is a reason under the Privacy Act, or other applicable law for us not to comply with your request, we will notify you in writing setting out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent it would be unreasonable or unlawful to do so) and advise you of the mechanisms available to you to complain about our response.
For more information about your rights or to make a complaint about our privacy practices, you may contact either the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (New Zealand) or your local supervisory authority.
In case of any discrepancy between a translated version of this policy and an English language version of this policy, the English language version will prevail.
Amendments to this policy
ENZ may, from time to time, amend this policy as ENZ deems necessary. Any modifications to this policy will be notified to you by a pop-up box when you enter, and ENZ posting an updated version on, this site, provided, however, that ENZ will seek your consent to any amendments which require consent under applicable laws and regulations.
Immigration New Zealand Data Agreement
Personal information collected through any Digital Platform (on this website) will be collected by Education New Zealand and will be used for the purposes of providing your personal information to Immigration New Zealand to request and receive updates on the status of any student visa applications you have submitted. This will enable us to provide a more personalised digital experience.
Additional Terms relating to Registration of an ENZ Account
You can choose to create an ENZ Account to collate and store information relating to your student application.
It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of any information that may be used to access your ENZ Account, including your password.
ENZ reserves the right at its discretion to suspend, modify or terminate access to your ENZ Account at any time with or without notice to you.
Any information that you rely on through use of an ENZ Account is entirely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for the actions you take in reliance of the information available on or accessed through your ENZ Account.
ENZ Accounts are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. ENZ does not warrant that ENZ Accounts will be free from errors, timely or secure.